If you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, you may use the Services only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. Consistent with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without first receiving such child’s parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that such child cannot use our Services and subsequently we will delete that information.
Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, this includes Personal Information you provide when you sign up for an Account such as your name, email address, phone number, birthdate, username, or password. It also includes other information you elect to provide to us through the Services, such as feedback and correspondence provided in your responses to surveys, when you participate in market research activities, report a problem with Services, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us, and marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them.
We may use automatically collected data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve the Services – for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and we can use that knowledge to make the Services interesting to as many users as possible.
Information Collected from Other Sources and Do Not Track Policy: We also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For instance, we may collect additional information like in-game statistical information from third parties and sources other than the Services for which you have approved our access, such as other gaming publishers’ APIs or other services. This information may be combined with other information we collect to provide the Services, such as when we combine game data from gaming publishers with our proprietary software to generate Competitions. In addition, you may also provide us information by accessing third-party services in connection with your use of the Services, including social media IDs and related social media information. In any event, if we collect information from other sources, we will always endeavor to provide you with clear notice of such data collection. However, any third-party services may collect information as determined by their own privacy policies and you should be careful to review their policies prior to using such services.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. When you turn on the Do Not Track function in your browser, we stop collecting the information from your browser that allows us to tailor advertisements and other content specifically to you that is based on your visits to our advertising partners’ websites. Specifically, we stop collecting information from the unique browser cookie that links your browser to visits to third party sites. Do Not Track signals are set on a browser-by-browser basis, so you must set them on every browser you use if you do not wish to be tracked. Remember that this is just our Do Not Track policy, and we can’t and don’t make any promises about how third parties react when you set this signal on your browser.
As mentioned above, we use information we collect to improve the Services, optimize our technology, refine the experience of our Users, and innovate ways to forward our mission.
Namely, we use the information we collect to:
- Administer the Services, enable you to use its features, and improve your overall user experience;
- We use your personal information to create and manage your Account, including communicating with you regarding your Account.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Email, text, SMS, message via social media platforms and phone you to provide you with information and updates about us, our work, and our community, to make it easier for you to share such information about us with your social networks, and to answer your queries;
- Analyze how Users use the Services to help us understand usage patterns and know if there are problems with the Services;
- Create targeted advertising to promote the Services and engage the community and our Users;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- With your consent, to link or combine user information with other Personal Information;
- To compare information for accuracy, update our records, and verify it with third parties;
- To provide and deliver products and services requested by customers; and
- Affiliated Businesses: In certain situations, businesses or third-party websites we’re affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the Services (either alone or jointly with us). For instance, this may include sharing information, including Personal Information, to other gaming publishers or platforms you have accessed or interacted with using our Services. You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. We have no control over the policies and practices of third-party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies.
- Our Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you or to us. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy
- Third Party Services: We may use third party services to grow our business, to improve and develop our Services, to monitor and analyze use of our Services, to aid our technical administration, to increase the functionality and user-friendliness of our Services, and to verify that users have the authorization needed for us to process their requests. These services may collect and retain some information about you, such as the IP address assigned to you on the date you use the Services, but not your name or other personally identifying information. We may combine the information generated through the use of these services with your Personal Information but never in a way that will identify you to any other user.- Protection of Azarus and Others: We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Azarus, our employees, our users, or others.
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, or destruction. no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be secure. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. Your Account is protected by your Account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your Account after each use. We further protect your Personal Information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your Personal Information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using the Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
What are cookies?
As previously described, we may collect information using cookies. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Services.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Services; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Services, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Services use the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Services with your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Services work for you.
If you do not want to receive marketing messages from us, you will be able to tell us by selecting certain boxes on forms we use when we first collect your contact details. You can change your marketing preferences by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. If you opt out of marketing messages, we may still send you e-mails necessary to provide the Services from time-to-time.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, you may have additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and other applicable law with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this section, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. Azarus will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Services.
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
- Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation, Personal Information described above, and any other information you may elect to submit in your communications with us while using our Services.
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
- Contractual Necessity: We process certain Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms of Service with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- Legitimate Interest: We may also process your Personal Data where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We consider and balance any potential impacts on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by any adverse impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). Examples of these legitimate interests include, operation and improvement of our business, products and Services, marketing of our products and Services, provision of customer support, protection from fraud or security threats, compliance with legal obligations or completion of corporate transactions.
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as necessary to provide you Services. In some cases, we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we may retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email [email protected] . Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary, to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by visiting your Account or profile settings on our Services.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can correct some of this information directly by editing them on your Account profile.
- Erasure: You can request erasure of your Personal Data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Azarus’ practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or European Union Member State.
The Services are hosted and operated in part in the United States (“U.S.”) through Azarus and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services and providing your information, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, may be provided to Azarus in the U.S. and may be hosted on U.S. servers. You hereby consent to and authorize Azarus to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. One such step we may take to ensure the security of your Personal Information in the event that a transfer may not be subject to the same protection in the EEA, Switzerland or the UK, is to enter into specific contract clauses approved by the European Commission which ensure your personal information is given the same protection it has in Europe.
If you have any questions about this section or our data practices generally, please contact us using the below listed information. For purposes of the GDPR, the below listed Designated Representative is also our Data Protection Officer:
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our California Consumer Privacy Act Notice for California Residents located here:https://docs.azarus.io/terms-and-policies/terms-of-service .
AZARUS, INC. PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS Effective Date: March 9, 2020
Our Services collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information“). In particular, our Services have collected the following categories of Personal Information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers such as a real name, IP address, e-mail address, or account name (“Identifiers”);
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) such as names, financial information, and telephone numbers (“California Customer Records Information”);
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law such as citizenship, national origin or gender (“Protected Class Information”);
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered (“Commercial Information”);
- Internet or other similar network activity such as browsing history and your interaction with the Services (“Network Activity Information”);
- Geolocation data such as physical location or movements (“Geolocation Information”); and
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information (“Inference Information”).
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; and
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records Information;
- Protected Class Information;
- Commercial Information;
- Network Activity Information;
- Geolocation Information; and
- Inference Information.
Sales of Personal Information
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Azarus disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you; and
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request that Azarus delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described herein, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an Account with us. However, in our discretion, we may consider requests made through your password protected Account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an Account with us, we will deliver our written response to that Account to the extent possible. If you do not have an Account with us or delivery to the Account is otherwise infeasible, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Azarus will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time. We do not currently provide any financial incentives.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at [email protected] .
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will post the updated notice on the Site or through the Services and update the Notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at: